Follow these tips when planning your first chapter meeting:
- Develop an inquiry letter informing others of the need / benefits of a local SUNA chapter.
- Plan an informational meeting along with an educational program.
- Contact the SUNA National Office to obtain addresses or mailing labels to notify chapter members of the meeting.
- Plan to serve refreshments if possible.
- Seek assistance for recruiting participants from local pharmaceutical representatives who have regular contact with urology offices.
- Consider the needs and geography of your area in planning meeting sites.
- Contact the SUNA National Office to obtain membership applications and SUNA resource information prior to the meeting date for distribution at the meeting.
- Keep minutes of the meeting to be distributed.
- Start a roster of attendees' names and contact information (name, address, phone, e-mail address, work address).
- Distribute SUNA membership applications and SUNA information during the meeting.
- Ask for volunteers to serve in chapter leadership positions (i.e., President, President-Elect, Secretary, and Treasurer).
- Select a chapter name and logo (chapter logo is optional).
- Vote to accept chapter bylaws and have all officers’ sign.
SUNA Policy For additional information, please refer to the following policy in the SUNA Policy & Procedure Manual. (Please note that you must log in as a SUNA member to access the Policy & Procedure Manual).
- 10-102: Use of SUNA’s Name and/ or Logo