The SUNA Foundation provides expenses up to a maximum of $1,500 for the annual uroLogic Conference, which will be reimbursed after submission accompanied by original receipts for registration, travel, hotel, and meals. Any unused funds are non-transferable.
Note: All applications will be blinded by the Foundation Chairperson, with identifying information removed, before being sent to the Trustees for review. Important components of the application are current work experience and contributions to SUNA. For applicants who do not have a local SUNA chapter in their area, the applicant may expand on current work experience and describe how the material from the conference will be used to mentor others in their work setting and note the lack of a local chapter on the application. A statement about how the material will be utilized after the conference is very important in the application review process.
- Membership must be current and active for the immediate past 2 years.
- Currently employed in urologic health care.
- Program content must relate to area of employment.
- Applicant must provide a completed application form prior to stated deadline.
- Application is to be received in the SUNA national office by June 1.
- The SUNA Foundation Board of Trustees will evaluate the eligible requests and select the recipient or will form a task force for this purpose. In the event of equal qualifications, further documentation may be required.
- Applicants will be notified of their status in a timely manner.
- Recipient must attend all educational presentations indicated on registration form.
- Recipient must write a letter to the SUNA Foundation care of the SUNA National Office describing the experience and the effect it had on their career with permission to publish the letter.
- Recipient must come to the Foundation booth during the exhibits for a photograph with a Trustee.
- Recipient must submit a provided authorized SUNA travel voucher form with ORIGINAL receipts within 30 days of the meeting attended.
- Recipients cannot reapply for 3 full years.