Urologic Nursing is planning a special issue for 2021 that will offer patient and clinician education related to urology procedural care in the office, surgical center, or operating room. There are few evidence-based care guidelines on this topic, so we need your expert opinions.
We are looking for submissions that relate to any aspect of office-based, surgical center, or inpatient urology patient management and teaching. This includes such topics as:
- Patient handouts/written instructions for any procedure (Botox, self-catheterization teaching, bladder instillations).
- Checklists used for patient care.
- Verbal instructions given to the patient.
- Pathways or plans you use for patient care (for example in robotic prostatectomy – catheter removal, antibiotic usage, follow-up schedule).
- Care of suprapubic tube.
- Care of nephrostomy tube.
- Pessary care.
Submissions can also take any form, including a “clinical pearl” or trick that you have learned in your time caring for urology patients.
Please submit manuscripts for consideration by March 15, 2021, to:
Editor, Urologic Nursing
Note: Please include “2021 Special Issue on Patient/Clinician Education” with your cover letter and manuscript.