A Fellow of the Academy of Urologic Nurses and Associates (FAUNA) is a SUNA member who has made outstanding, sustained contributions to urology education, policy, management, clinical practice or research.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Do I need to be CBUNA certified to apply to be a SUNA fellow?
- How can I find existing Fellows to approach to sponsor me?
- How will I know if you received my application?
- What are the characteristics of members who may be selected as Fellows?
- Do I have to have a record of nursing research in order to apply?
- Is there a limit to the number of fellows who can be inducted in any given year?
- If I am not selected for Fellowship, how soon can I re-apply?
- Does having applied previously affect my chances for acceptance in the future?
- When will I be notified about the status of my application?
While certification is an asset when applying to be a SUNA fellow, it is not a necessary criterion.
This information is posted on the SUNA website. View current list of Fellows.
Email notifications will be sent out within 2 weeks of receipt of Fellowship application with payment.
Fellows will exemplify SUNA members “who have made outstanding, sustained contributions to urology education, policy, management, clinical practice or research. Each Fellow would support the mission and guiding beliefs of SUNA.” This can be in a broad variety of ways, and each application is evaluated individually.
No. At this time applications will be individually evaluated, and each one that meets all the criteria for Fellowship will be invited for membership as a Fellow.
Applicants may reapply after 2 years, and there is no limit to the number of times an applicant can submit his/her application. The Fellowship committee feels that the 2-year interval will help applicants to add to their application and increase the chances for success in the future.
The Fellow Selection Committee will evaluate your application based on the materials submitted and nothing else. Whether you have applied in previous years is not discussed and will not affect the decision of the committee.
Notification will be sent in early June.